Will a camera tripod work for a spotting scope? The very convenient part of having a compact spotting scope is you can use basically any combination of tripod and head that you like. They are short enough to have a very tight center of gravity and light enough to be held by a pistol grip type tripod head.
How do I get a tripod for a spotting scope?
- Sturdiness and stability are essential. There are a number of choices out there, but the most important things to consider are stability and sturdiness.
- The legs are crucial. Think about the legs on your tripod.
- Your own height.
- Tripod heads.
- Smooth panning.
- Final thoughts.
Can I use a spotting scope for astronomy? Can a spotting scope be used for astronomy? Of course it can. Spotting scopes offer high magnification, work great with digiscoping, often have very high build quality, and are easy to carry around. Making them equally great for astronomy as much as binoculars and telescopes.
What is a good mount for astrophotography?
- Sky-Watcher EQM-35.
- Orion 10010 Atlas Pro.
- Celestron CGX.
- Orion AstroView EQ Mount.
- Orion 9055 Equatorial Telescope Mount.
- Celestron Advanced Computerized Mount.
- Orion 9995 Sirius EQ-G Telescope Mount.
- Orion 9829 SkyView Telescope Mount.