Which is best book for astronomy beginners?
- Astronomy: A Beginner’s Guide to the Universe by Eric Chaisson and Steve McMillan.
- The Astronomy Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained by DK.
- The Universe in a Nutshell by Stephen Hawking.
- The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality by Brian Greene.
How can I teach myself astronomy?
- Use the monthly naked-eye star charts in Sky & Telescope magazine.
- Download our free Getting Started in Astronomy flyer (with bimonthly maps)
What are the 4 types of astronomy?
- ASTROPHYSICS: Applying the laws of physics in space.
- ASTROMETRY: Mapping celestial bodies.
- ASTROGEOLOGY: Examining rocks, terrain, and material in space.
- ASTROBIOLOGY: Searching for life outside Earth.
Why is astronomy so hard? Studying astronomy can be a challenging task, but it is an interesting and rewarding field. Astronomy is hard to study because you need a good understanding of math and physics. The material can seem dry at times, and you will have to study topics like atomic physics for hours on end.