Which is best book for astronomy beginners?
General Astronomy Books For Beginners
- Astronomy: A Beginner’s Guide to the Universe by Eric Chaisson and Steve McMillan.
- The Astronomy Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained by DK.
- The Universe in a Nutshell by Stephen Hawking.
- The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality by Brian Greene.
What are the 4 types of astronomy?
We can divide astronomy into 4 sub-fields:
- ASTROPHYSICS: Applying the laws of physics in space.
- ASTROMETRY: Mapping celestial bodies.
- ASTROGEOLOGY: Examining rocks, terrain, and material in space.
- ASTROBIOLOGY: Searching for life outside Earth.
How can I teach myself astronomy?
Astronomy is an outdoor nature hobby, so the best way to begin is to go out into the night and learn the starry names and patterns overhead.
- Use the monthly naked-eye star charts in Sky & Telescope magazine.
- Download our free Getting Started in Astronomy flyer (with bimonthly maps)
What is the best book to read about space?
38 best space and astronomy books
- The Backyard Astronomer’s Guide.
- The Secret World of Stargazing.
- The Ultimate Guide to Viewing the Cosmos.
- The Disordered Cosmos.
- Light in the Darkness.
- Brief Answers to the Big Questions.
- Our Universe: An Astronomer’s Guide.