What is astronomy in simple words? Astronomy is the study of everything in the universe beyond Earth’s atmosphere. That includes objects we can see with our naked eyes, like the Sun , the Moon , the planets, and the stars . It also includes objects we can only see with telescopes or other instruments, like faraway galaxies and tiny particles.
What are the 4 types of astronomy?
- ASTROPHYSICS: Applying the laws of physics in space.
- ASTROMETRY: Mapping celestial bodies.
- ASTROGEOLOGY: Examining rocks, terrain, and material in space.
- ASTROBIOLOGY: Searching for life outside Earth.
What is studied in astronomy? Astronomy is a science that seeks to explain everything that we observe in the Universe, from the comets and planets in our own solar system to distant galaxies to the echoes of the Big Bang.
What are the 3 types of astronomy?
- Planetary Astronomy. Planetary astronomy is the study of planets and planetary bodies, including moons, comets, and asteroids.
- Solar Astronomy.
- Stellar Astronomy.
- Galactic Astronomy.
- Observational Astronomy.