What do you do at an astronomy club?
- Go to a museum or observatory.
- Chart the constellations.
- calculating the rise and set times for a star.
- Draw own map of the moon.
- Camp out on a clear night and make observations or make it a photography workshop.
- Learn about the history of the study of astronomy and the devices they used (like the astrolabe)
How do I start astronomy? For anyone completely new to astronomy, the first step is to become familiar with the night sky, how it changes through the night and season by season, and how it varies according to the observer’s latitude. A planisphere (or “star wheel”), monthly sky guide, or computer software will help with this.
Which is best book for astronomy beginners?
- Astronomy: A Beginner’s Guide to the Universe by Eric Chaisson and Steve McMillan.
- The Astronomy Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained by DK.
- The Universe in a Nutshell by Stephen Hawking.
- The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality by Brian Greene.
What clubs and organizations Does your high school or community center offer that could pertain to a career in astronomy? There are many clubs offered that can pertain to a career in astronomy. Some of these include physics clubs, math clubs, engineering clubs, and many more. There is also the National Space Club/Foundation, and these clubs/organizations can help prepare me for different areas in space careers.