What are the 4 types of astronomy?
- ASTROPHYSICS: Applying the laws of physics in space.
- ASTROMETRY: Mapping celestial bodies.
- ASTROGEOLOGY: Examining rocks, terrain, and material in space.
- ASTROBIOLOGY: Searching for life outside Earth.
What are the 3 types of astronomy?
- Planetary Astronomy. Planetary astronomy is the study of planets and planetary bodies, including moons, comets, and asteroids.
- Solar Astronomy.
- Stellar Astronomy.
- Galactic Astronomy.
- Observational Astronomy.
What are the 2 types of astronomy? In the past century or so, astronomy has been broadly split into two camps — observational astronomy (using telescopes and cameras to collect data about the night sky) and theoretical astronomy (using that data to analyze, model and theorize about how objects and phenomena work).
What are 15 important events in the science of astronomy?
- 1 BCE. The Big Bang Theory.
- Sep 13, 1543. The Heliocentric Model.
- Sep 13, 1559. The Movement of the Stars and Planets.
- Sep 13, 1600. Telescope.
- Sep 13, 1609. Kepler’s Laws.
- Sep 13, 1610. The Moons of Jupiter.
- Sep 13, 1664. Gravity.
- Sep 13, 1780. Herschel’s Map.