What are the 3 types of astronomy?
- Planetary Astronomy. Planetary astronomy is the study of planets and planetary bodies, including moons, comets, and asteroids.
- Solar Astronomy.
- Stellar Astronomy.
- Galactic Astronomy.
- Observational Astronomy.
What are the 4 types of astronomy?
- ASTROPHYSICS: Applying the laws of physics in space.
- ASTROMETRY: Mapping celestial bodies.
- ASTROGEOLOGY: Examining rocks, terrain, and material in space.
- ASTROBIOLOGY: Searching for life outside Earth.
How can I teach myself astronomy?
- Use the monthly naked-eye star charts in Sky & Telescope magazine.
- Download our free Getting Started in Astronomy flyer (with bimonthly maps)
What are 3 topics astronomers study? Cosmologists and extragalactic astronomers study the entire universe. They study the creation, evolution, and possible futures of the universe and its galaxies.