What are the 3 types of astronomy?
- Planetary Astronomy. Planetary astronomy is the study of planets and planetary bodies, including moons, comets, and asteroids.
- Solar Astronomy.
- Stellar Astronomy.
- Galactic Astronomy.
- Observational Astronomy.
What does the word astronomy mean? Astronomy is the study of everything in the universe beyond Earth’s atmosphere. That includes objects we can see with our naked eyes, like the Sun , the Moon , the planets, and the stars .
What is the difference between astronomy and astronomers? Astronomy is a science that studies everything outside of the earth’s atmosphere, such as planets, stars, asteroids, galaxies; and the properties and relationships of those celestial bodies. Astronomers base their studies on research and observation.
What are the 4 branches of astronomy?
- ASTROPHYSICS: Applying the laws of physics in space.
- ASTROMETRY: Mapping celestial bodies.
- ASTROGEOLOGY: Examining rocks, terrain, and material in space.
- ASTROBIOLOGY: Searching for life outside Earth.