What are some space poems?
- Selected by Dr Oliver Tearle.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, ‘The Light of Stars’.
- Emily Dickinson, ‘Ah Moon – and Star!
- Gerard Manley Hopkins, ‘The Starlight Night’.
- A. E. Housman, ‘Astronomy’.
- Robert Frost, ‘But Outer Space’.
- Carl Sandburg, ‘Moonset’.
What is space in poem? The white space is just as important as the text in a poem, whether it’s the counter that shapes an O or S, a line break after a word or a caesura within a line. With space, one can shape sound and language to create a poetic field. And with that, one may express a silence.
What are the 3 types of poetry? There are three main kinds of poetry: narrative, dramatic and lyrical. It is not always possible to make distinction between them. For example, an epic poem can contain lyrical passages, or lyrical poem can contain narrative parts.
What are Sonics in poetry? The sonic topology of a poem is represented by the distribution of rhyme sets across a poem and how those sets of words interact with each other, or not.