What are 5 interesting facts about astronomy?
Cool Facts About Planets
- One day on Venus takes 225 Earth days.
- Jupiter’s Great Red Spot is 10,160 miles (16,350 km) in diameter.
- A day on Mars lasts for 24 hours, 39 minutes, and 35 seconds.
- Pluto has a diameter of 1,473 miles (2,370 km).
- The atmospheric pressure on Venus is 92 times the Earth’s atmospheric pressure.
What are 10 fun facts about stars?
Top 10 cool things about stars
- Every star you see in the night sky is bigger and brighter than our sun.
- You can’t see millions of stars on a dark night.
- Red hot and cool ice blue – NOT!
- Stars are black bodies.
- There are no green stars.
- Our sun is a green star.
- Our sun is a dwarf star.
- Stars don’t twinkle.
What are the 3 types of astronomy?
Branches of Astronomy
- Planetary Astronomy. Planetary astronomy is the study of planets and planetary bodies, including moons, comets, and asteroids.
- Solar Astronomy.
- Stellar Astronomy.
- Galactic Astronomy.
- Observational Astronomy.
What are 2 interesting facts about astronomers?
- The field of astronomy is small.
- Astronomers almost always have a doctorate degree, which takes 5 to 7 years to complete.
- Astronomers often specialize in one area of astronomy—like studying black holes.
- Professors of astronomy earn between $50,000 to $105,000 per year.