Is a telescope a good gift? Telescopes are certainly excellent value at the moment, with so many being imported from China, but don’t expect to pick one up for next to nothing. Avoid the dirt cheap plasticky telescopes that appear for just a few notes in some catalogues and department stores, even if you are buying for a child.
What is a good telescope to see planets?
- Celestron StarSense Explorer LT 80AZ Refractor.
- Sky-Watcher Classic 6-inch Dobsonian.
- Celestron StarSense Explorer DX 130AZ Newtonian Reflector.
- Celestron Omni XLT 102mm Refractor.
- Celestron NexStar 6SE Compound.
Which telescope is best for viewing planets and galaxies?
- Sky-Watcher SkyMax 180 Pro Maksutov.
- Celestron Astro Fi 5 Schmidt-Cassegrain Wi-Fi system.
- Orion StarSeeker IV 150mm GoTo Mak-Cass Telescope.
- Explore Scientific Carbon Fibre 127mm triplet apo refractor.
- Sky-Watcher Evostar-90 AZ Pronto telescope mount.
Which is better binoculars or telescope? Telescopes show a small area. Binoculars, with their wider field of view, let you scan the sky for targets. And binoculars give you a much better appreciation for how objects relate to one another. They give you a better chance to see patterns in the cosmos.