Are robots commonly used in astronomical research? We submit that robotics will become increasingly important for astronomy as an observational discipline for future generations of astronomy platforms in space. The role of robotics’ cousin discipline — artificial intelligence (AI) — in astronomy is well understood.
What is the purpose of robotic telescope? Introduction. A robotic telescope is a telescope that can make observations without hands-on human control. Its low-level behavior is automatic and computer-controlled. Robotic telescopes usually run under the control of a scheduler, which provides high-level control by selecting astronomical targets for observation.
What is the best astronomy book for beginners?
- Astronomy: A Beginner’s Guide to the Universe by Eric Chaisson and Steve McMillan.
- The Astronomy Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained by DK.
- The Universe in a Nutshell by Stephen Hawking.
- The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality by Brian Greene.
How do I start learning astronomy?
- Use the monthly naked-eye star charts in Sky & Telescope magazine.
- Download our free Getting Started in Astronomy flyer (with bimonthly maps)